Running a business in Lansing, MI isn’t rocket science, but it isn’t child’s play either. Business enterprises operate in a risky environment. When disaster strikes, the results can be catastrophic. The good news is that business owners can be ahead of the game by investing in commercial insurance from Great Lakes State Agency. While you might be good at running a business, predicting the future borders the impossible. As such, you need commercial insurance as a safety net for your business when disaster strikes.
Commercial insurance options in Michigan
When shopping for business insurance, there are various options on offer. If you are unsure of the option that fits your business, talk to your insurance agent for guidance. The most common commercial insurance options include:
- Liability coverage: Since accidents can happen in the workplace, you need commercial insurance to protect your business against bodily injury and property damage sustained to other people. Additionally, business insurance protects your business against advertising injury to other companies and individuals.
- Commercial property insurance: Whether your business premise is rented or owned, you need commercial property to protect the building structure and your assets from perils like theft, fire, hail, hurricanes, vandalism, and many more.
- Business owner’s policy (BOP): This insurance coverage combines the above two insurance plans for affordability and effectiveness.
- Commercial auto insurance: All vehicles used to run business operations must have commercial auto insurance. This insurance protects your car, driver, and other road users when accidents occur.
- Workers’ comp insurance: Protects your employees against work-related injuries. It pays for employees’ medical costs, funeral expenses, and partial lost wages for injuries sustained in the workplace.
- Professional liability: Since mistakes happen in the workplace all the time, you need to protect your small business when mishaps happen. Professional liability protects against alleged negligence if you cause financial harm through your professional advice.
Are you ready to protect your Lansing, MI business with commercial insurance? Please contact Great Lakes State Agency for all your commercial insurance solutions.