Home Insurance in Michigan
Whether you own a home in Springfield, Utica, or Lansing, MI, you need home insurance from Great Lakes State Agency to protect you and your home from various perils. While home insurance isn’t mandatory in Michigan, it’s an investment that every homeowner should have. Additionally, if your home is loan-financed, your financier may insist that you purchase home insurance to protect their financial interest.
Home insurance options
If you are a homeowner in Michigan, below some home insurance options to consider:
- Dwelling coverage: Protects your house and attached structures from risks like fire, hail, windstorm, lightning, and many more.
- Personal property: Pays for the loss or damage to your assets, including furniture, clothing, and electronics. Home insurance provides limited coverage to high-value items like jewelry and art. Therefore, you need personal articles floater coverage for maximum protection.
- Liability coverage: If you or your household members cause bodily injury or property damage to other people, home insurance can save the day. For instance, if a guest slips and breaks their neck within your premises, home insurance covers medical expenses and legal suits if the person goes ahead to sue you.
- Additional living expenses (ALE) coverage: Suppose a covered loss causes significant damages to your home, rendering it unlivable for a couple of days. You might have to seek temporal accommodation, incurring meals and accommodation expenses in the process. The ALE coverage in your home insurance policy pays for the living expenses exceeding your average spending.
- Medical bills: Pays for medical bills for persons injured on your property.
What are home insurance exclusions?
Home insurance won’t cover damage resulting from:
- Regular wear and tear
- Flood and earthquake
- Mold, animals, and pest infestation
- Nuclear hazard
Are you shopping for affordable home insurance coverage for your Lansing, MI home? You can’t go wrong with Great Lakes State Agency. Here, we understand that no one-size-fits-all for home insurance. As such, we offer personalized home insurance plans that fit your individual needs.