Great Lakes State Agency offers all eight forms of home insurance to protect Lansing, MI homes. Which home policy type each individual chooses depends on their type of domicile and whether they rent or own it.
Eight Forms of Home Insurance
The breadth of home insurance provides coverage for every type of home. It also offers an option for those who rent their home.
- HO-1 and HO-2 offer named peril coverage and fewer options.
- HO-3 coverage offers all-perils coverage and liability coverage.
- HO-4 policies cover renters of houses, apartments, condos, mobile homes, yurts, etc.
- HO-5 coverage provides superior coverage for single-family homes, including all-perils coverage, liability, and other types of coverage, such as loss of use.
- HO-6 policies cover condos only with all-perils coverage.
- HO-7 policies provide all-perils insurance specifically designed for mobile homes.
HO-8 policies provide named peril coverage equal to HO-1 policies but only available to historic homes and architecturally significant homes.
Because the policies differ so much, it’s best to choose your level of coverage after consulting with your insurance agent.
Single-family Home Choices
Owners of single-family homes have the widest selection of coverage options. A home can choose coverage for 10, 15, or all perils. They can also opt to add additional coverage like loss of use, additional living expenses, and personal property coverage. Consulting with your insurance agent offers the most effective way to choose the appropriate coverage.
Contact Us Today
Contact Great Lakes State Agency serving the great city of Lansing, MI for a home policy consultation. Let us help you choose the coverage that best protects your financial investment in your home and personal property.